Wednesday, February 07, 2007

More Fashion Week: ODLR and Betsey Johnson


(My friend Jennifer Chan (assistant editor@ Instyle.com) and I)

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to The Little Black Girl That Could!!!!!!!

It was exactly ONE YEAR ago that I started this blog. It was immediately after my first Oscar de la Renta show. The beauty, the excitment and unforgetable experience of it all was so amazing that I just had to write it all down. Hence the birth of this blog.

I only hope that my stories inspire others to take a leap of faith and follow their dreams. I have done just that. I'm no where near where I aspire to be....but I'm having a great time on my way!

*****Enjoy and please share your own stories/thoughts under "comments." And THANK YOU so much for reading :o)****

WELL, back to the shows!!!!!!!! (This is where Fashion Week takes place...The Tent at Bryant Park)



OSCAR DE LA RENTA.....aka the Master!

The show was impeccable! Oscar makes everyone look like amatuers!

Celebrities are scarce at Oscar's show (Anderson Cooper, Barbara Walters and a few others). The real stars are those who 99.9% of the population don't know. These individuals make up high-society New York.



Tinsely Mortimer to Tory Burch...The Gettys to the Vanderbilts. Oscar's show is made of pure money! Many of the women who attend had mothers that wore ODLR, now they wear Oscar and so do their daugthers (three generations of fabulousity). It's a Park Avenue food chain made up of glitz, glam and green!

It's quite the honor to have the chance to attend. Each season I attend with a dear friend who is close with Oscar's family, so I get to sit in the friends and family seciton. This was my third ODLR show and yet again I was "The Little Black Girl That Could," standing out in a sea of porcelin skin and perfectly blowout manes. Hopefully I'll be catalyst that changes this homogenous atmosphere.

Here are some pics from ODLR expereince....Complete with videos and MS. WINTOUR!!!!!!!!!
*Check out my favorite ODLR looks in the slide show on the left side of the page

Here is Barbara Walters arriving at the tents:



Actress Camilla Belle and ME!!



Of course Andre Leon Talley (my imaginary God Father) was there...wearing a flashy Kimora Lee Simmons' jacket, She showed it at the Baby Phat show and personally delivered it (in her Bentely no less) to ALT the next morning.



Watch the finale of Oscar's masterpiece:



Here Oscar is speaking with Barabara Walters after the show:




BETSEY JOHNSON...Every girls' BFF

The school of charm is in session and Betsey Johnson is the teacher of the year! Betsey presented a collection centered around the idea of charm school and that's exactly what she did...charmed!



The dresses were positivley wonderful. The ruffles, frills and every other girly detail you can think of were not forgotten. Betsey knows how to dress a woman that wants attention and to be told how "cute" they look. Count me in!

Here are my favorite outfits (courtsey of www.Style.com):







Betsey's front rows were made up of tea tables with silver sets and all....how appropriate for Charm School:



Aubrey from Danity Kane was there....and she gladly posed for me (wearing Betsey of course)!



Video of the show's finale....AND Betsey's signature cartwheel! Special Guest: Betsey's granddaugther....TOO CUTE!




Love and Light....

1 comment:

Dammie said...

I Love Betsey's mind...she's so free and creative. Non -conforming....it's just always refreshing!!! Gawsh!