Wednesday, January 31, 2007

So many EVENTS.... so little time


(A pic of me and the fabulous Ionia Dunn-Lee at the Disney Store event. Ionia is the former fashion editor @ Essence Magazine, where she spent over 35 years! A True legend and dear friend/mentor of mine)

I have been running from event to event for the past two weeks. It's that time of year when designers are in a frenzy to get magazine folk to preview (and hopefully feature) all their spring must-haves.

Here are just 2 of the events I attended....

1) THE CHILDREN'S PLACE AND THE DISNEY STORE:I know, I know! ThIs wasn't a very high fashion event, however, it was very entertaining. They actually had little kids (and a few adults) modeling the outfits!

Take a look:

How cute!!!!!! She is suppose to be the Little Mermaid :o)



These kids are modeling the new Tiki line from Disney



The Princess Collection...beautiful! I would have killed for this dress when I was little.



This is for all those families who love to dress alike on vacations...



Drum roll please......This is the MOST FABULOUS gift I have ever recieved from an event...a digtial camera!!!! AND they even threw in a passport case and really nice travel tags! I knew Disney had money, but Wow!!!!






2) PATRICK ROBINSON FOR THE GO TARGET COLLECTION: We all know what amazing designers Target is able to snatch up and this is no exception. If you aren't familiar with Patrick Robinson...you should be! He attended Parsons School of Design and after graduating went on to designing for Giorgio Armani, Anne Klein, Perry Ellis and Paco Rabanne. Robinson is known for his amazing clothes that mix retro details with a modern outlook. A fabulous black man doing his thing! (Note: He's married to Virginia Smith... big-time Vogue editor)

P.S. The clothes hit in April and are out for a LIMITED TIME only...mark your calendars!



It looks like my entire spring wardrobe will be coming from Target boutique!

" The collection I designed for GO at Target captures bohemian chic with just the right dose of wit, color and lightness"
-Patrick Robinson

Check it out:









The terrific gift....looks like I'll have to go to the beach with this one!



Love and Light...

1 comment:

jaydeedoubleyou said...

digital camera? please. i mean, can i have it?!

and that passport case will come in handy for china? eh?!