Wednesday, March 22, 2006


QUESTION: What happens when you add:
3 exceptional black women + a Spotted Pig + Jay-Z ????

ANSWER: a F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S time!

Last night, I had just that... A fabulous time with two for the greatest gals I know. It's so wonderful to find people that you can truly be yourself around. We shared our woes and our wows, our dreams and our fears....it was exactly what I needed after a Terrible Tuesday.

So, let me break down the equation above....

* Three exceptional black women =
Me and my two ubber amazing friends Zandy and Toya

* The Spotted Pig =
A great little restaurant on West 11th and Greenwich (off the beaten path of all the other Meat Market District spots). Go immediately, if you are an experimental eater and you like good food.

* Jay-Z =
The One, The Only: Shawn Carter! He walked into the restaurant with one of his boys (no bodyguards) about 10mins after we arrived!!!! (I was just telling the girls that an article I read about the restaurant mentioned that Jay-Z is a frequent patron) P.S. Beyonce did not come with Jay (Darn!), BUT there were several Saturday Night Live actors that showed up.

No one was bothering or oogling Jay or the other celebs, which was really cool. Zandy, Toya and I decided that once we're big enough to be recognized by our adoring fans (give us about 5 years) we'll definitely make the Spotted Pig one of our regular spots.

Love and Light...

No comments: