Monday, March 20, 2006



Many of my conversations recently have been centered around STRIPPING...


Actually, the initial conversation is about money but it always seems to make it's way to stripping. Money has been on my mind a little too much lately. I'm guessing because I have none! Yes, I am living out my dream here in New York City, but the last time I checked that same dream included a nice cushion in the bank and a closet full of Chanel. Ok, ok...I know that's not realistic for a 24-year-old in her first full-time job ever, BUT like I've said before...you've got to dream BIG!

Back to stripping...
What's so wrong with some harmless dancing? I grew up being very comfortable in the nude thanks to my silly and carefree mother...quick changes during my 17 years of dance lessons and performances...running track and field in the tiniest outfits you can imagine...and boarding school where it seemed like I lived with professional exhibitionists.

When it comes to stripping, I could be a natural! :o)
Yet, I know better then to go that route...thanks to my wonderful, gracious and fabulous parents.

At times I want to curse my parents for instilling within me solid morals and values. If only I could convince them that I few shakes could get us that family vacation to Europe we've always wanted, or help pay off those never-ending student loans!

I'm sure they wouldn't go for it...but it's worth a try, right? :o)

Alas, after considerable contemplation I have decided against trying my hand at stripping. Although I would have been safe...only topless clubs (bottoms on) and it would have definitely been in North or South Dakota to ensure no one I knew (or black folk) would be around! In the end, I realize that I'm a little too bougie to be humping a pole for dollars...

HOWEVER, I can appreciate the art of stripping and maybe I have a little twinge (ok, big twinge) of curiousity. Soooooo, I have decided to enroll in an s Factor class.

S Factor is the new cardio workout that involves dropping-it-like-its-hot, bump-n-grinding, and swinging around a stripper pole. Sounds fun, huh? The creator was on Oprah...and you know if Oprah co-signs then I'm there! The two-hour intro class only costs $40. I know paying to strip is completely backwards...but when you've got an itch, you should attempt to scratch it in the most moral way possible! Hehehehe!


Love and Light..

No comments: