Wednesday, March 15, 2006



I'm feeling in a lovey dovey mood...

I have always heard that finding love in New York City is next to impossible. Well ladies, "Mission Impossible" CAN actually be completed...because I did it!

After finding myself heart broken over a long-term and long-distance relationship, I felt like I would never find someone to love or to love me. Sad, I know. I hate going to that self-pity, lonely woman place....BUT it's a real thing! I have watched the ENTIRE collection of Sex and The City episodes at least THREE times (NO joke). With that said, I assumed that being single and living in NYC could be great fun, BUT the Kiss-of-Death as far as finding love was concerned.

I was thankfully wrong...I found my Prince Charming (R.T.W), while still having fun in the Big Apple. It's so great to find someone that you can completely be yourself around. I have found a kindred spirit...friend...and an amazing man! ( I don't mean to brag) :0)

HOWEVER, I did have to kiss a few conceited frogs along the way, but it was worth the spit (hehehe)! Although I do have a few tips that could help in expediting the process of finding "the one"... or someone close to it.

***Julee's "LOVE HUSTLE" tips***

1) USE YOUR FRIENDS--We all know it's hard (and pretty stupid) to date someone you meet at a bar or the club. Therefore, stick to meeting people at parties thrown by friends. This way the introduction is more personal and you'll have someone to dish the dirt to you about your potential Boo.

2) ACCESS DENIED--Don't...I repeat don't, sleep with someone you meet on the first night ( for a while..or even until that walk down the isle)! Even if he looks like Morris Chestnut and makes you feel like you're Beyonce. I've seen way to many of my friends go down this path and find nothing but a non-ringing phone and a box of Kleenex.

3) LADIES FIRST--Always make sure you behave like a lady. This doesn't mean that you need to act submissive. It means that you should use your manners and demand the same from your potential "one." I have run across a few guys that felt as though they should be the ones having the door opened for them, or being consistently told how fine they are...NOT! Call me old fashion...or don't call me at all!

4) TAKE A CHILL-PILL--Ladies, gone are the days where we will sit in front of our phones and wait for that fine man to call us... that's why we have CELL PHONES. Get out and enjoy life! Don't stress about if he's going to call or not. While he's out having fun and deciding when he's going to call, you need to be out gettin low and hanging with your girls. Your cell phone will be right there when he quickly remembers how fabulous you are!


Stay tuned: More tips to come!


Love and Light...

1 comment:

PrettyFashionista said...

JULEEEEEEEEEE ..... first off I miss you terribly! Second off..Im absolutely loveing the blog! Nice tips because you know Im gonna need a little assitance when I arrive my Bronx JO wont always suffice. You'll have to be like Sarah Jessica Parker and Will Smith for me.

-Love you and I CANT WAIT to get up there!!!!!!!!!!!