Thursday, February 01, 2007

MISS SIXTY... Rock 'n Roll 4ever!


* Me in front of the catwalk after the show. (I'm wearing a vintage Dana Buchman dress)

It's Official. It's FASHION WEEK, and I'm off to a fabulous start with the MISS SIXTY show and AFTER-PARTY!



Here's the Scoop....

WHERE: The show took place at 7 World Trade Center (an amazing skyscraper in lower Manhattan) on the 52nd floor (the view was breathtaking). I took some pictures with a few new and old friends.

Me and Najwa of Styleaholics (she is a friend of mine who has been doing her thing reporting from behind the velvet ropes...check out her website: http://www.styleaholics.com) AND Wouri Vice (Alicia Keys' ubber-fabulous stylist).
*I know I know, should have taken off my hat....but we had just walked in. Next time!


FRONT ROW: Eve (looking fabulous...as always!) and Pink (loving the blonde mohawk). Here they are walking in:





THE SHOW: Miss Sixty is the queen of Rock! The clothes are strong and bold, yet you know that the girl wearing them still wants to be treated like a lady. I was impressed by how the collection was able to convey femininity without losing its undeniable edge. A great example of this idea was the floral print dresses shown. The color palette wasn't your average pink, yellow and greens. The colors shown were murky: grey, deep purple and black. However, the sexy shillohettes and muted colors created one of Miss Sixty's strongest looks for this coming fall. I also really liked all the lame....a gal likes to sparkles sometimes (or all the time :o) Loves it!

Here are some looks straight from my 2nd row seat:
* Sorry they are so fuzzy...my camera was running on a low battery and the shutter wasn't fast enough for these models. I'll put better ones up once the professional pictures hit the web. Note:Recharging camera now...won't happen again!







THE AFTER-PARTY: You've got to party after a show like that! And the party was great (with a fierce performance by Eve to boot! I even had an exclusive VIP wristband messengered to me at work today (gotta love the perks)! Here are some after-party shots:



The Bar


The VIP credentials


Eve with DJ Samantha Ronson....and ME and Eve





Jamila (a friend and the Assistant Fashion Editor @ Seventeen Magazine) and Jen (my beloved friend and apt-mate)


P.S. We rode the elevator to the show with Amy Astley...The Editor-in-Chief of TEEN VOGUE! I almost died....I wanted to jump into her arms and tell her how much I LOVE Teen Vogue (very true) and let her know that if she ever needs an out-going, determined, and accomplished fashion journalist (or just a shopping buddy) that I'm at her service! Maybe next time...hehehehe!



Stay tuned tomorrow for:
BCBG
MARC BOUWER
AKIKO OGAWA
NICOLE MILLER
BABY PHAT
and...
GREY ANT

Want more Miss Sixty? Visit: http://www.misssixty.com

Love and Light...

3 comments:

Dammie said...

I personally love Miss Sixty, but I'm not sure about these metallic leggings!!

You met Amy Asltley!!!......Hey young lady, I think u have my life!!....Gimme back!!

XxLovexX

Unknown said...

What a great time last night! Let's rock it out this fall with fedora hats and metallic leggings.

jaydeedoubleyou said...

^_^ cuteeeee


i miss u btw.