Friday, February 09, 2007

Last day of Fashion Week...

Fashion Week officially ends today (shed a few tears) and what a week it was! It looks like Fall/Winter 2007 is going to be a very stylish season!



After attending TWENTY FIVE shows and endless nights of reviewing collections on Style.com and NYT.com...I've compiled the following list of trends/looks that will be HOT HOT HOT this Fall. Take notes and be prepared to rock the most fabulous looks before everyone else.

1) SATIN: This luxurious fabric was flooding the runways and good thing...becasue I LOVE it. Satin is one of those fabrics that both make you look good and feel good. Start stocking up!

2) SEQUINS/RHINESTONES: Bling bling! You can shine too much this Fall.

3) SKINNY PANTS: I thought these would be long gone for Fall, but the voluminous top and super-skinny bottom were all over the runway. Now if I could just fit into a pair :o/

4) FUR: I know I know....it might not be the most politically correct fashion statement. However, it looks soo darn good (and will keep the chill out). I respect whatever choice an indivdual makes when it comes to wearing fur.

5) COLOR: Don't be afraid of bright colors this Fall. The deisgner added a bit of splash to the always somber Fall pallette. I saw a lot of cobalt blue, royal purple and electric pink.

6) PATENT LEATHER: Sleek and shiny, patent leather is making a resurgance into the fashion forefront. The trick is to wear it in moderation and with confidence.

Check out the slide show of these top trends....



If you love jeans, then I'm sure you've heard of the premium jean company ROCK AND REPUBLIC.
Well, apparently they make a lot more than just jeans. Here is a clip from the shoes finale...This was like no other show I've seen. What models walk down the runway drinking alcohol and spitting it on the ground? Crazy!


Here is the Rock and Republic invite...interesting, huh? The credit card comes off and was the pass to the Afterparty. I didn't attend the party, but I heard it was amazing!




One of my favorite shows this season came from a relatively unknown designer from Australia... TONI MATICEVSKI
The clothes don't really reflect my personal style, yet, I think the collection was interesting and actually made me think. Gotta love a designer that makes you think about their philosophy rather then just where you're going to wear the clothes.



If I did have to pick one thing I LOVED from his collection were these shoes/boots. They are actually heels with an attachment that make them look like boots. FIERCE!!!!!!



Here is a video from the FRONT ROW (thanks KK) of the Maticevski show:



Now for...

WHAT'S IN THAT SWAG BAG?-Part 2

Check out what the designers are giving out at their shows. And yes, I do share :o) Who's up for a wax??

Tracy Reese gift bag: A free max (so fresh and so clean:o), Hue by Tracy Reese tights, Mally makeup, Cingular cell phone bling kit, Sally Hansen nail polish, FHI heat hair serum, 10% off coupon to the Tracy Reese Boutique.


Vivienne Tam gift bag: A "YEAR OF THE PIG" t-shirt




Atil Kutoglu gift bag: A beautiful Atil scarf


Love and Light...

No comments: