Friday, October 20, 2006

Ahhhhhhh...I LOVE the Fall! It reminds me of my childhood. I can remember getting so excited for the Fall to arrive and school to start. I also appreciate the changing leaves and cozy clothes. If it wouldn't make me look like a complete crackhead...I would totally pile up some leaves on the corner of 121st and 8th Ave and jump in them. However, I'm sure I would quickly be deemed a lunatic! Which is exactly why I've been trying to travel home to PA as much as possible this season. With the rolling hills of Chester Springs, surrounded by horses and cows I can truly live out my country-bumpkin activities...



A few weeks ago Rahsaan and I traveled to Lititiz, PA for the 5th Annual Chocolate Walk. It's our second year in a row attending together and we never fail to have a great time. The Chocolate Walk consists of about 25 chocolatiers from around the area that setup in all the little shops in town...you buy a $10 ticket and travel from shop to shop and recieve samples of all the chocolate. It's heaven on earth!!! There is everything from chocolate covered potato chips to chocolate ristotto. Of course you can't eat it all in one sitting, so everyone brings a bag or tupperware to store some of the samples for later. One of the greatest parts of the trip is visiting the Wilbur Chocolate Factory. It's like Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory (I love that book/movie) minus the Oompa Loompas and chocolate river!

You know a trip with me can't leave out a fashion moment...

While visiting small towns like Lititiz, I try to hit up all the thrift stores or Antique shops for vintage costume jewelry (I'm a HUGE collector, if you didn't know). I purchased some really amazing pieces that would have cost me a small fortune if I were in the city. Shopping beyond the walls of NYC is a rare and thrify treat that I would love to partake in more often. A pair of vintage sterling silver and rhinestone earrings in the city would have been close to or over $100. My find this past weekend were $8!!!!!! Enough said.


I LOVE MY MOM.....she surprised me and decided to come to the city for a quick weekend trip last week. It's so nice to know that our relationship has continued to grow throughout the years. I still manage to speak with her almost everyday...and that's a feat when you factor in being a hard-working fashionista, friend, girlfriend and a good daughter. Phew! It can be done.

Back to the weekend....Before I met up with my mom I headed down to SoHo for a fabulous traveling vintage sale called The Garment Room (check out the website www.garmentroom.com). It was AMAZING! I purchased a Dana Buchman dress ($68), a sparkly gorgette top ($88) and fabulous rhinstone shoe clips ($68). The sale travels around to several different places in the USA and the owner Tiffany even hosts private sales. Did I already mention that it's AMAZING!!!! Again....
www.thegarmentroom.com



From there I got to spend time with my lovely Soror and friend Diamond! She looked fabulous as ever and even had the most amazing accessory of the season on her arm....a new MAN! (Soooo cute!) We hit up Century 21 where I had to restrain myself, since I had just spent $200 on vintage...but Diamond bought the cutest little dress. It was nice hanging out and catching up with her. I hope she comes back up soon!

After meeting up with my mom we decided to do what the Wilson women do best....SHOP! And I still had some money left on a Bergdorf Goodman gift card, so we knew exactly what to do. We headed up to 57th and 5th after a quick brunch and entered the fashion mecca that is BG! I really need some black tall boots so we focused on that, but were unable to find a pair that I loved and were within my price range. I work with expensive clothes all day, but you never really realize how pricey things are until you want to purchase them for yourself. Plain black leather boots were averaging $800!! Just as we decided to leave my eye caught a pair of Miu Miu (a line owned by Prada) wedges and it was love at first sight....and they were afforadable. We snatched them up and the rest is history! (Here they are with the fabulous shoes clips I bought at The Garment Room vintage sale...)




Love and Light...

No comments: