Friday, March 10, 2006


I finally built up the courage to try "threading" yesterday...

For all those who are unfamiliar with the practice, "threading" is the new craze in hair removal. People mostly get their eyebrows, upper lip and other facial areas threaded. I must say that even after all my girlfriends telling me that the procedure would be virtually pain-free, I still went in with some reservation.
I was right...OUCH!

OK, so it wasn't horrible, but it was a different kind of hurt. Whereas waxing takes one big shot to your nerves, threading is a more tedious pulling of the hairs. It can be closely related to the feeling of rug burn over a period of about 45 seconds per brow. Your Reward? Fabulously shaped and cleaned brows! No pain, no gain. I am now a believer in threading and would recommend it to others. I'm sure that after a few times the pain will subside, just as it does when waxing. BUT don't believe the hype...It WILL sting the first time.

On a heavier note....

My grandmother is back in the hospital. I think she is starting to give up. It's hard to see someone that has contributed so much to my upbringing slip away. I'm going to travel home to Pennsylvania this weekend to see her. I hope it's not the last time. Although I know death is inevitable, it's something I just can't except right now.

I never had pleasure of knowing my father's mother, so grandma Rosa is all I've got...And I'm not ready to let her go. I always imagined her watching me walk down the isle and at least seeing my first born child. I had my great grandmother around well into my teenage years. There are just so many milestones that I have to share with her still. She is one who is suppose to speak Italian to my children... and make sure that their feet are well taken care of (I have been a dancer and runner all my life and looking at my feet you could never tell)...and make them spaghetti sauce from scratch...and watch scary movies with them while eating chocolate covered raisins....and spoil them half to death!

I know MY mother will be there for all those things(minus the speaking in Italian), but it's hard to imagine life without her.

The good part is she is STILL here, so I need to take advantage of it. Thus, I will make the most of my time with her this weekend...and try to remember the time we shared. (Please keep her in your prayers)

Love and Light...

No comments: