Wednesday, February 15, 2006



So, Fashion Week is over...booo whooo! I would like to think it was sucessful, other than the fact I managed to get sick at the end of the week....forcing me to retire from the week's shows on Thursday. However, I did get to see many of my fashion heros present their overall fabulous Fall 2006 collections. Ladies, we will be looking LOVELY and quite FIERCE this Fall!

Rounding out my show-attendance list are:
-Joanna Mastroianni
&
-Custo Barcelona

I would have liked to attend Zac Posen, Sweetface (J.Lo's line), Cynthia Rowley, and Chado by Ralph Rucci.... but I was heavily under the influence of NyQuil (my drug of choice) and orange juice. I didn't even make it to work on Friday...so you know I was REALLY sick!

On another note....

Sooooooo it was Valentine's Day yesterday, a day that has consistantly sucked for me in the past....boyfriend or not! This year, I feel I have broken the curse! My loved-one and I spent a quiet night at home...nibbing on sushi...sipping Reisling...lip syncing one another classic R&B hits...and reciting why we care about each other so darn much. It was pure magic! My memories of last years' dinner with Mr. W (I'm not cruel enough to disclose his identity) melted away in the heat of my current loving situation. Sigh!

On another Valentine's Day 2006 channel....
It's a shame how some so-called men are treating women these days. Not that it hasn't been happening for awhile, but I would like to think my friends and I have choosen to surround ourselves with up-standing men. I have been proven wrong lately! This V-day was sadly depressing for one of my best friends....all because the man she has chosen to bless with her time has revealed himself as undeserving it. Here is a quick tip for all those guys out there that are trying to keep a F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S woman: Trying calling at least once a day or every other day....return your text messages....and recognize what you have before the woman wises up and moves on! That will be enough male-bashing for me today.... Sorry, just had to get it out!

For all those hopeless romantics out there.....Chivalry is NOT dead! There is a knight out there looking for you, and just when you think you'll be trapped in that tower forever... he'll promptly rescue you and take you away to a fabulous newly renovated Harlem brownstone with a dance studio, hot tub, and cedar closet for your designer clothes and shoe collection....A girl's gotta dream sometimes!

Love and Light....

No comments: