Thursday, November 30, 2006

Tis the season for Spring/Summer previews in the fashion world.

Meaning...that designers and clothing lines are pulling out all the stops and showing off their collections for the spring and summer. I don't go to many of these events, but I always jump at the chance to attend the ones that my coworkers don't have time for. Usually they aren't the most exciting ones like DKNY...Shin Choi...Rebecca Taylor...etc. However, I'm a humble gal and I'm thankful for every opportunity that I can gain. AND, there is always the possibility of a GIFT BAG!!!! Gotta love the free stuff :o)

Soooooo, last night I got the chance to attend the LANDS' END preview event. I know, I know...not fabulous at all. We all associate Lands' End with khaki pants, canvas totes, polo shirts and people who have the time/money to vacation all summer in Cape Cod. Yuck!




Well, I must say I was surprised! The clothing didn't deviate from my description above. HOWEVER, I was really surprised at how much detail was put into everything they presented. Lands' End is also coming out with intimates with the slogan: "The secret's out." Very cute:o)



My favorite innovation was the custom fit bathing suits. Listen to this....you can actually order the suit with your correct bra size! Amazing~! See some of the styles below...



I also really loved the new idea they have for their classic tote bags. You can send in your own art work and have it either transferred to your bag or have the image embroidered on to the bag. The one style looks more like the art was actually drawn onto the bag and other style is a cleaner version due to the threading. Either way, you will have a one-of-a-kind bag!



Last, but certainly not least....the GIFT BAG! I have to give it to Lands' End this was one of the best gifts I have seen. As one of the representatives walked me through different looks, a tote bag was being personalized for me! And they threw in a great towel! FABULOUS!



Love and Light...

1 comment:

Miss Stylishly Graceful said...

i love your blog...and love candy apple!!! what a treat!! i decided to take a lil break from this chemistry and im glad i did...oh and girl isnt threading the best...it hurts at first but once you get used to the sting you cant knock it...well back to work...i'll defiently be back to check you out from time to time.

CiaO!

SPG