Wednesday, February 08, 2006




This blog was born out of a moment I will never forget...My first Oscar de la Renta fashion show (Fall 2006 collection-- 2.6.06)

As I sat amongst the movers and shakers in the fashion world--Socialites, editors, stylists, divas, divos, glamazons, models, designers, and wannabes-- I suddenly realized just how blessed I am. By no means do I have a self-esteem problem (I know I am fabulous...wink wink), but I am surely not the type of person to be sitting (not standing) at an Oscar de la Renta show! As I sat and watched the prim and proper ladies-that-lunch greet one another and the fashion editors preparing to take notes, I said to myself.... "I'm like the little black girl that could!"

Alas, my blog!

Before I move on, I want to clarify a few things: Please see the points below...

1) I'm actually not that little. I'm 5'9" and 1?? lbs (a true lady never reveals her weight...and if she does, she never tells the truth)

2) Ok, so I didn't really have a seat assigned to me for the Oscar de la Renta show. How did I get in...and a seat? It's called "Finessing".... Either you've got it or you don't! Note: If you want to learn...visit this blog as much as possible!

3) There is a "little WHATEVER that could" in all of us. It takes GUTS, PASSION, RELENTLESSNESS and a whole lot of FINESSING to get what we want....BUT, we WILL get it! So, this blog is dedicated to all those that apply! F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S

Love and Light..

No comments: